Flora arrived in Mazar-i-Sharif, North Afghanistan, on July 19. She travelled there to join her husband who is honourably employed supervising the building of a mud brick cultural centre. At the moment, Flora is a lady of leisure, but, despite the heat, she is valiantly searching for situations of interest in the environs.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Wiruses

I hope my readers have not been alarmed by my absence from this page – which seemed long to me, if not to you, because I have been engaged in an unequal and enervating struggle against hordes of invading software viruses. Adware, malaware, spamware… these are the unwelcome hordes of visitors who have been plaguing and harrying my poor beleaguered laptop til he is a shadow of his former self, a sick old man blighted by alzheimer’s, asthma and tinnitus.
I have been able to glimpse email only through a hailstorm of popups and security warnings, and I am afraid to say I have still not found a satisfactory cure for my ailing friend.

The blight is in remission just at present, so I seize the chance to update you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home